8 Creative and Effective Real Estate Marketing Ideas To Get More Clients
It’s no secret that the real estate industry is extremely high risk-high reward. While it is a well-known fact that most people buy real estate through brokers and businesses, a lesser known fact is that 73% of buyers only go to one real estate business for their dream homes. That’s why it is important to build awareness about your services so that you stand out to any potential buyers.
The best way to do that is via advertising, which is why we have compiled the best real estate marketing ideas that are used in the industry in 2022. Regardless of whether you are a new broker or a veteran with a large business looking to expand, these realtor marketing ideas should help you formulate a good marketing strategy.
Here’s a teaser of what’s to come:
- Master your niche
- Use online listings to your advantage
- Maximize your reach with social media
- Craft converting Emails
- Build a website
- Use visuals to sell your listings
- Get creative with advertising
- Host community events
1. Master your niche
One great way to stand out in such a competitive industry is by creating your own unique identity and setting yourself up as the expert in a particular niche. This ensures that customers keep coming back to you.
In order to do this you need to:
Create a Unique Selling Point:
Your Unique Selling Point (USP) is essentially what is unique, and stands out about your business. Identify your vision for the business and the kind of clients you aspire to get.
Research your present as well as potential clients:
In order to effectively implement marketing ideas for your real estate business, you need to first understand what works for it. To do that, look for patterns in your buyers and potential customers to help you understand what you need to do more of. This could be studying the kind of houses that sell the most, the socioeconomic background of the customers you attract, the location where your listings are selling the most, the age range of customers, and more. These trends help you identify what is working for your business.
For example, some real estate agencies have started advertising as pet-friendly businesses noticing they were getting a lot of inquiries from clients with pets. That resulted in pet parents going to them as they are known for buying and selling pet-friendly houses. Similarly, you can create your own niche by looking at your client data and deciding what works best for you.
2. Use online listings to your advantage
The customers of today look for everything online, even real estate agents. This is where online listings come into play. With online listings, your business information is readily available to the customers when they search for you! We’ll talk about some of the key listings (which you shouldn’t miss out on) in detail below.
Google My Business
GMB is a free tool that manages how a business appears on Google Search and Maps. You can add crucial business info such as your business name, location, and hours, add photos of your work, and request customer reviews.
In order to fully leverage its benefits, follow these insider tips:
- Have a clear cover photo so that people can see your business distinctly.
- Add more pictures of your business to tell your story and showcase your work.
- Get clients to review and post their feedback. The more positive reviews, the better your chances of getting listed higher.
- Reply to each review (especially any negative ones) that you get with a personal, genuine response. Not only will this show responsiveness, but it will also create opportunities for increased engagement with your past customers.
- Leverage Reserve with Google: RwG is a platform by Google that lets prospects book appointments with your business, directly from Google Search, Maps, or the Reserve with Google website. To ensure your clients can directly book with you, you need to have an account with a partner scheduling software.
- Utilize local SEO to increase your visibility. Add relevant keywords to FAQs, description, and other content to make your business rank higher on Google.
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace that relies heavily on data. It is thus crucial to be present on it and be visible to the maximum number of buyers and sellers.
A few things to keep in mind when using Zillow are:
- Set up and optimize your profile
Make sure you fill out detailed information about your business. This is important as this is the first impression potential clients get of you.
- Add accurate data
Similar to GMB, the more information that is available about your business, the better! Spend extra time writing detailed descriptions for each property and filling in all fields. Add images and videos to back up your listings.
- Add your past properties
Potential clients like to see your history before coming to the decision of engaging with your business, especially when it comes to contacting you for selling their house. Besides, showing off your past deals adds more legitimacy to your business.
- Get client reviews
As a real estate agent, you must already know how important reviews are for your business. They increase your credibility and add social proof, making it more likely for people to choose you. Businesses with more reviews and higher ratings are also more likely to stand out.
- Answer questions
The fastest and easiest way to increase your reach and online presence is by actively engaging with the community. Zillow Advice gives you this opportunity by creating an open forum that is targeted at people in the real estate community.
Local communities rely more on region-specific directories. If your niche targets specific localities, it is great to get listed on such directories for more visibility within local communities. Mention proximity to local community attractions for more visibility. Some local directories that are relevant to your business include Foursquare, Better Business Bureau, and Yellow/White pages.
3. Maximize your reach with social media
One of the best real estate marketing strategies is utilizing the power of social media. This is because the world today interacts primarily through social media. It is thus important to have a strong presence there and captivate people’s attention.
There are various social media platforms each with its own advantages and disadvantages. We have discussed them in detail below. Pick the platform(s) that works for you best and get started!
Facebook still remains one of the most dominant platforms used for real estate marketing. Not only does Facebook have the perfect demographic for the industry, but it also gets coupled with great posting and marketing tools.
Some key points to keep in mind while promoting your business on Facebook include:
- Post 25 to 30 high-quality posts per month. Vlog-style videos are preferred as they are transparent and easy. Give value and share information so your followers have a reason to tune in.
- Like other pages! Curiosity and dialogue between pages encourage cross domain interest and improve overall engagement.
- Milestones are an engaging way to tell the story of your company. So use them well to show your history to the world.
- Use Facebook contests/offers/promotions. A contest for a free item of value can go viral if done right. Utilize Facebook’s ad platform to massively increase the reach of this contest.
- Install Facebook pixel code on your website. The data Facebook collects can be used by you to retarget website visitors who are most likely to fill out your contact form.
- A book now button can be added to your profile in order to take appointments directly from Facebook! The button appears right below your profile cover image. Its strategic position ensures that it is visible to profile visitors right when they visit your profile, and they are prompted to book an appointment with you!
Instagram is absolutely booming for real estate businesses right now. Stylish property photos go hand in hand with the most popular types of content on Instagram which is why it is. For luxury or boutique real estate businesses, this platform is becoming the best way to advertise as a realtor.
Additionally, features such as Instagram Stories make it a cinch for realtors to provide quick and personalized property updates every day. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Post daily, and maintain consistency of branding across all photos. Think of your Instagram as a home magazine. You can choose to go with any of the following types of posts: before and after, contests and promotions, happy clients, design tips, recent market trends, sold homes, etc.
- Use reels to show off listings or spread awareness about events.
- Easily grow followers from a specific neighborhood/location by searching for hashtags of the desired location.
- Use Canva to overlay text and illustrations to make your posts more engaging.
- Use stories to highlight testimonials as well as show off your milestones.
LinkedIn is a fantastic place to network with fellow realtors and exhibit your industry experience. Tips to make the most of your LinkedIn profile include:
- Post your FB content on LinkedIn.
- Comment on posts to build relationships.
- Send direct messages to build relationships.
- Join groups related to the kind of people you wish to target.
- Get the free trial premium version of LinkedIn. It’s called “Sales Navigator”. Connect with potential clients using Sale Navigator’s detailed targeting.
- Use hashtags to maximize reach.
Types of posts
Now that you are better equipped with how and where to post, let’s talk about what to post. Unlike most industries, social marketing for real estate doesn’t require you to be shy about what you’re selling. Rather than spamming sales pitches, here are a few real estate marketing ideas about what you can post to grow your followers:
- Property photos:
Here’s some good news: social media for real estate is highly visual in terms of content.
That’s why stunning, high-res property photos are central to so many real estate agent marketing strategies. Not only do eye-popping photos encourage likes and shares, but also compel your followers to get in touch with you. Take note that almost all photo-based real estate content is coupled with details and contact information. This is most effective on Instagram but can be used on other platforms as well.
- Success stories and client testimonials
One of the biggest benefits of real estate social media posts is the ability to highlight your success stories to connect with clients. Your clients are spoiled for choice when it comes to finding an agent or company, so the more you’re able to provide proof of your satisfied clients, the better. These types of posts do double-duty in both building a sense of social proof and also, showing off the human side of your business which is why they are integral to any marketing strategies for real estate.
- Company milestones
Beyond social, awards and accolades are another way to highlight your real estate business track record. Instagram Stories provide an opportunity to keep your clients in the loop about your latest milestones.
- Industry and market news
No matter where you do business, the real estate market at large is constantly evolving. Whether it’s advice, helpful content, or industry reports, keeping your clients in the loop shows that you’re an active participant in your industry.
- Home tips and renovation ideas
Regardless of what real estate marketing techniques you use it is essential to keep your followers engaged. This is where renovation ideas come in. Renovation ideas are effective for your prospective buyers and past clients alike. Any sort of educational content on home maintenance serves multiple audiences and once again highlights your know-how.
- Event coverage
Although social media for real estate is indeed a brilliant way to generate leads, there’s no denying the need to market yourself in person. If you’re going to be out and about, you’ll want to encourage clients to meet face-to-face by letting them know about your latest events. This can be done via Facebook events or a simple image-based post on Instagram.
4. Craft converting Emails
Social media works great for the initial point of contact, however, not everyone will be able to see your posts due to the algorithm. In order to go a step further and be more personal, you can use emails for real estate marketing. When you personalize campaigns, you speak to the consumer in a way that stands out above the rest.
For example, you can send a personalized email asking your customers what they like and want to see more of. After that, send them a custom URL with content and offers specifically designed for them.
Another way of sending personalized emails is by segmenting your audience and sending them tailored content. For example, send emails about new listings to a person who showed an interest in buying and send emails about house management and renovation tips to a client who already bought a house from you. This makes them feel like you genuinely care about them and are listening thus making them more likely to be loyal to you.
Some things to keep in mind while running such campaigns are:
- Use subject lines that spark curiosity:
The most important factor in ensuring that your message gets opened is the subject. This is what people see before they decide if they want to read any messages. You want to keep the subject line short and not give away everything that’s in the main body of the message. Instead, you want to spark some curiosity in the reader so that they feel they need to open and see what’s inside.
- Deliver value in every message:
It is important to ensure that you clearly communicate what you want to achieve. Do it in a clear and concise manner in the email or else people may think it is spam and unsubscribe.
- Keep your newsletter design simple:
Typically emails that are simple, and look like they were just sent from a friend to another friend, get better engagement. People are used to spammy promotional emails today which are typically heavily branded with images. So if you use a lot of images in your emails, your subscribers may think it’s an advertisement and disengage.
5. Build a website
What do you think is the first thing most people do when they find out about a business? They are most likely going to search for its website to get more information about the business, which is why it is important to ensure that it is able to capture interest. Furthermore, having a good website adds more credibility as well as acts as a great place to show off your listings.
Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Take inspiration from the sites of market leaders to see what works.
- Add a differentiating factor to set your website apart. eg: mortgage calculator, comparison, virtual tours.
- Key information about the business must be mentioned clearly.
- Use of relevant properties to keep the visitor on the page/website.
- If you are a large business, make sure you have clearly differentiated segments for buying and selling.
- Focus your featured properties on the main landing page to maximize visibility.
- Plenty of topic-specific calls to action prompts to get visitors to act.
- Have community info pages that are informative, interesting, and well put together.
- Clear distinction and navigation between pages make the site easier to use for viewers.
- Make the site SEO-friendly to increase the number of people viewing the site as well as making appointments.
- Optimize your website for mobile view.
- Bounce rates for sites that are very slow are very high. Hence, ensuring quick load time is a must.
- Bounce rates for overly flashy sites are also high. Sites with more functions as opposed to flashiness have higher engagement rates.
- Don’t make the website about you. Make it about helping your prospective home buyers and sellers. This starts with useful content, an easy-to-use search tool, and a user-friendly website.
- Having an option to book appointments right from the website can do wonders to your business – plus maximize convenience for your customers! In case you already have a website, consider adding a real estate booking software to your website
Pro-tip: If you don’t have a website, your Appointy booking page can double up as a mini-website where you can add business info, pictures, location, and even take reviews, apart from scheduling appointments 24×7!
6. Use visuals to sell your listings
The real estate industry is heavily dependent on images and videos. We’ve already seen it throughout the blog, be it on social media or even in listings. The images and videos used are thus very important as they act as the first impression that entices prospects. They capture attention and bring people to your listings.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to get the best quality pictures and videos of the properties:
- Hire a professional photographer, preferably with experience photographing homes and architecture.
Tip: In many ways, you’re not just selling a house, you’re selling a whole town or area. Showcase the best that your area has to offer, with high-quality, beautiful photos of local town landmarks and familiar sites.
- Videos can be used to supplement your walkthroughs and show exterior features like patios and pools. In order to get clearer and better shots, try drone photography and videos. Take sweeping shots of the home’s exterior and surrounding landscape using drone photography. While taking videos you can make 360 virtual tours that go through the whole listing.
- Conduct 3D Matterport Scans to stay ahead of the curve. The Matterport 3D camera is one of the most effective tools you can use to market any type of real estate. The system will stitch together a three-dimensional dollhouse of an entire property that the buyer can fly through, even in virtual reality, giving an accurate depiction of the space no matter how far away the buyer might be. Ultimately, all of your interactions with the digital realm will be in 3D and VR, so ensure that you stay ahead of the curve with the latest technology.
7. Get creative with advertising
The myth behind advertising is that it is always expensive. If used right, it can increase your reach significantly and make your business grow faster. Regardless of which method you choose, always remember to have a clear call to action and ensure that you target the audience that is most likely to engage with your business.
Here are some real estate agent advertising ideas to get you started:
- Social Media Ads: The fastest way to grow and increase reach is by using Google, Facebook, and Instagram ads that can bring new users to your website as well as social media. These ads work better as they factor in location, interest, and likelihood of conversion, preventing uninterested clicks thus only bringing in interested and relevant people to your business. You need to be very careful and specific in your campaigns. If done right, they can significantly boost your traffic and conversions. However, if not, you might end up losing a lot of money!
- Use a mascot: The mascot represents your brand and thus creates a figure that people can directly associate your business with. It is important that your mascot be present across all channels of marketing. One way to spread awareness about your mascot when it is initially unknown is outsourcing a quality animated video for it. Short, cute, high-quality cartoon videos can help establish your mascot as well as give a touch of personality. You may even want to consider featuring local landmarks or sites in your animated video to make it ultra-unique and targeted.
- Utilize local influencers: Content creators have a wider reach on social media and can spread your message to more people. Furthermore, people have a certain level of trust in these already established influencers and you can capitalize on this to maximize your brand awareness.
- Use flyers: You can then hand them out in popular streets in your locality. A smarter way to do this is by collaborating with local popular businesses and paying and putting up your small flyers in their stores.
8. Host events
While online marketing is great, it is important to not neglect local marketing. It helps you directly connect with your audience and adds a human factor to your business. When you host local events, you show the community that you care and this creates a sense of trust. The purpose of a real estate event is to, in some way, help or educate buyers, sellers, renters, or homeowners on a housing-related topic.
Some great ways to host local events include:
- Seminars: Clients would want to get some learning and check your knowledge before investing time and money in you. A home-buying seminar is the best way to do that. It allows you to impress and establish a relationship with clients. That relationship will be worth its weight in gold when they’re ready to shop for a home.
Tip: Real estate agents aren’t the only ones who earn business from real estate transactions. Builders, mortgage companies, movers, and home security companies are just a few of the people who also benefit. Ask someone from one (or several) of these industries to team up with you to host your educational session. They can help with expenses as well as supply valuable information about what a home buyer or seller should expect to switch on their utilities, qualify for a mortgage, etc.
- Open Houses: Conduct open houses in targeted communities to spread awareness and generate more leads. Scope out and find communities where this will be effective and you are looking to expand and advertise. You can increase show-ups by offering goodies, giveaways, and hosting food at the open house.
- Join your local chamber of commerce: You work in the community selling real estate, so it only makes sense for you to become involved in the very same community that you work and sell in! Your local chamber of commerce is a one-stop hub to be able to become involved and also increase your exposure as a realtor to a much larger audience of businesses and individuals.
Some key benefits of conducting local events include:
- Referrals and endorsements from the community: These increase your legitimacy and are likely to get you more clients.
- Increased reach from the chamber: Most chambers have newsletters that the local community is subscribed to. Having your business show up in such newsletters can increase your reach.
- SEO Visibility: Another big benefit you get from being a member of a local chamber as a real estate marketer is that they mention your business and link back to your website. Search engines recognize the credibility of these local chambers, so they pay attention to the sites they link to. A link like this is high-quality and can help your business rank higher on search engines.
Getting new clients for your business may seem challenging at first, but at the end of the day, all it takes is patience and hard work to put your business out there.
While you’re busy doing that, let Appointy handle and streamline your business operations. Appointy is a real estate scheduling software that takes care of your admin tasks, so that you can focus on growing your business!
We hope that these real estate marketing ideas help you grow your business and brand. Let us know if you have any more ideas or how your implementation went in the comments below!
We at Appointy, help business owners grow and run their businesses with our online scheduling software. This blog was a part of our ‘Manage your Business’ category, where we provide expert tips, and resources, or simply talk about the challenges that small and medium businesses face every day.
If you have any thoughts on this blog or would like to chat about your business struggles and achievements, let us know in the comments below.
We love a good talk!