The Ultimate Guide To Real Estate Social Media Marketing
It’s no secret that buying or selling a house is a significant financial and emotional decision. Most people have a lot of doubts and questions. That’s why your clients want a realtor that can help them navigate the complex landscape of the real estate world. They need someone who they can feel confident and comfortable with.
This is where real estate social media marketing can act as a boon to your business. It is the perfect platform to put yourself out there and establish trust with potential clients by interacting and connecting with buyers and sellers.
With that in mind, we’ve curated this blog on how you can win more leads with the best social media marketing tips for real estate agents that have proven to be successful in the past and are buzzing in the present as well.
Here’s a teaser of what is to come:
- Plan your marketing strategy
- Find out what works in your industry
- Decide where to post content
- Create personalized content
- Actively engage with your audience
- Advertise to boost visibility
Without any further ado, let’s dive right in!
1. Plan your marketing strategy
Before you start posting on social media, you need to map out your expected goals from social media marketing. At the end of the day, your goals are what will help you establish a strategy and decide how much time, energy, and resources you need to put in.
Do remember to set realistic goals for yourself!
Wondering where to start? Here are some common goals to get you started:
a. Create a brand
As a realtor, you want your name to be out there in order for people to identify and trust your business. In order to achieve this goal, try to formulate a real estate social media strategy that does not rely solely on promotional messages. Instead, try to add a personal touch to your posts by emphasizing on your personality and your company’s values and vision.
b. Generate leads
Leads are an essential part of any real estate business as they are used to connect real estate agents with clients. In order to generate more leads, you can consider formulating a strategy around using social media as a way of capturing as many interested users’ information as possible through creative lead magnets.
c. Expand your audience
Getting more followers means increasing the reach of your brand as well as increasing your reputation within the industry. In order to do this, you need to focus on the trends within your industry by looking through keywords and hashtags across social media sites, and actively taking part in discussions within your industry on sites like Quora, LinkedIn, and Reddit, that matter the most.
You can look for keywords and hashtags by comparing them with competitors and seeing which hashtags work for them. You can also try to gather a list of hashtags that you think will work, and mix and match them to see which garners the most engagement for your posts.
d. Nurture more hits on your website
If you’re laser-focused on generating leads or traffic to your website, social media can make it happen. Whether through promotional posts or social ads, keeping an eye on conversions and URL clicks can help you better determine your return on interest from social media.
Tip: You can even use a combination of the above-mentioned goals and strategies to suit your needs.
2. Find out what works in the industry
The next step is to try and determine who your target audience is. Then, identify what type of posts they regularly interact with on social media. This allows you to understand their needs and interests.
To do this, think about the people you’re trying to reach and how you would classify them as a group. For example, if your company markets high-end luxury listings, you might classify your target audience as high-net paying executives.
By considering your audience, you’ll then be able to determine what content will attract the type of followers and customers you hope to gain. Besides, it will also help you understand how to create engaging content to keep your followers interested.
Then, look into what your competitors are posting on social media. The best way to do this is by figuring out what your counterparts and influencers are doing – it can help you understand what is working and where the potential is.
Here is how to go about it:
- Step 1: Start by making a list of 15-20 businesses or brands that you hear a lot about in your industry that have a similar target audience to yours. Other than this, you can also include some local influencers and realtors in your area. Keep adding more names to this list as you find more related pages or suggested people depending on the network you are on.
- Step 2: Visit each one of the profiles on your list across popular social networks like Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and even LinkedIn. Note the following things about them:
- Profile description
- Post cadence (how often and when do they post)
- Post type (Listing, Comparisons, etc.)
- Caption style
- Average post views and engagement (likes, comments, shares)
- Quality of posts
- Follower count
Once you have this data, try to understand their social media marketing strategy for real estate by looking at which platforms are these businesses more active on and where they are getting the most engagement on their posts.. This will give you a tentative idea of where your audience spends most of their time.
Use that to identify where you should focus first and what content works the best on which social media platform. It will also help you spot opportunities in the form of gaps in the industry that you can fill in order to gain better reach and relevance.
3. Decide where to post content
Now that you have a strategy in mind and a good idea of what works, you need to figure out where you want to post.
While there are multiple different avenues on social media marketing for real estate, posting on each different website can require different resources and strategies. That’s why we’ve compiled a summary of which sites are used for what type of content to help you decide.
Today, Facebook still remains one of the most dominant platforms used for realtor social media marketing. Not only does Facebook have the perfect demographic for the industry, but it also gets coupled with great posting and marketing tools.
Some key tips to keep in mind while using Facebook include:
- Business pages are powerful, as they offer page analytics and the option to promote individual posts to your audience. These features will allow you to experiment with different types of content, and track audience engagement. If you do business in multiple markets, consider creating a business page for each. That way, you can create tailored content for each unique audience group. Finally, clients can also leave a recommendation on your page.
- ‘Facebook groups’ is a cost-effective way to market on social media. Just put in “market” and “topic”, and see what groups you can join. Proceed to share deals, or simply network with fellow members.
- Give value and share information so your followers have a reason to tune in.
- Like other pages! Curiosity and dialogue between pages encourage cross-domain interest and improve overall engagement.
- Milestones are an engaging way to tell the story of your company. So use them well to show your history to the world.
- Use Facebook contests/ offers/ promotions. A contest for a free item of value can go viral if done right.
- Install Facebook pixel code on your website. The data Facebook collects can be used by you to retarget website visitors who are most likely to fill out your contact form.
- A smartly-placed Book Now button can help you in getting appointments directly from Facebook. This button appears right below your profile cover image. Its strategic position ensures that it is visible to profile visitors right when they visit your profile and acts as a prompt for interested prospects to book an appointment with you!
- Host live events on Facebook. You can create these events in advance so that people can RSVP and post the events throughout groups. You can actively interact with your audience and engage with them using live events.
It goes without saying that Instagram is absolutely booming for real estate businesses right now. Stylish property photos go hand-in-hand with the most popular types of content on Instagram.
For luxury or boutique real estate businesses, the platform is becoming the best way to advertise. Additionally, features such as ‘Instagram Stories’ make it a cinch for realtors to provide quick and personalized property updates day by day.
Some good ways to start your journey include:
- Post daily and maintain consistent branding across all photos. Ensure you have a theme that aligns with your brand image.
- Include a Book Now button on your Instagram business page.
- Easily grow followers from a specific neighborhood/ location by searching for hashtags of the desired location.
- Use Canva to overlay text and illustrations to make your posts more engaging.
- Instagram places an emphasis on aesthetics, so be sure to use beautiful images. The goal is to get a user to stop in their tracks while they scroll. Here are some good ideas to help you get started.
- The trick to boosting your Instagram presence is getting more engagements per post. This means that the more likes, saves, and comments you get on a post, the more your content will land on user feeds. The best way to do this is to post engaging captions. Experiment with asking different types of questions, such as a simple poll or asking for opinions.
- Use Instagram Live to connect with your followers in real-time. You receive feedback (comments, likes, etc.) as you are recording, so personify your brand by responding to questions instantly. You can also leverage Instagram Live for open houses.
- The authenticity of live videos makes this feature of Instagram highly interactive and increases the chances of being noticed immensely. Once you go live, your profile picture will appear at the top of your followers’ feed with a colorful ring around it and the word Live.
- Don’t forget to create Instagram Stories as well. Some users spend more time watching Stories over scrolling through feeds. This is a great place to show users the “behind-the-scenes” of your brand, so don’t be afraid to post videos of yourself in action.
LinkedIn is a fantastic place to network with fellow realtors and show off your industry experience. It is best used in social media marketing for real estate agents. Tips to make the most of your LinkedIn profile include:
- LinkedIn’s search engine is powerful. People will find you if you use the right keywords to optimize your profile.
- There’s simply no better way to build a relevant database of connections than LinkedIn. Whether you’re looking for buyers, investors, lenders, or contractors, making connections and growing your network is a valuable use of your time.
- LinkedIn Groups are a great way to share content, get advice, and connect with other real estate professionals. Moreover, LinkedIn is home to tailor professional groups, where you can likely tap into a strong network in your specific niche and market.
4. Create personalized content
Now that you are better equipped with how and where to post, let’s talk about what to post. Unlike most industries, social media marketing for real estate businesses doesn’t require you to be shy about what you’re selling. Rather than spamming sales pitches, here’s a snapshot of what you can post to grow your followers.
a. Property photos
Here’s some good news: Social media for real estate is highly visual in terms of content!
That’s why stunning, high-res property photos are central to so many real estate businesses’ social strategies. Not only do eye-popping photos encourage “likes” and “shares”, they also compel your followers to get in touch with you.
Take note that almost all photo-based real estate content is coupled with copy that “sells” the property, and likewise contains details and contact information. This is most effective on Instagram but can be used on other sites as well.
b. Success stories and client testimonials
One of the biggest benefits of real estate social media posts is the ability to highlight your success stories to connect with clients.
Your clients are spoiled for choice when it comes to finding an agent or company, so the more you’re able to provide proof of your satisfied clients, the better. That’s why we see so many photos that document the story of a client that culminates in their deal closure.
These types of posts do double-duty in both building a sense of social proof and showing off the human side of your business. Anything you can do to make your happy clients part of your social strategy is a plus.
c. Company milestones
Beyond social, awards and accolades are another way to highlight your real estate business’ track record. ‘Instagram Stories’ provide an opportunity to keep your clients in the loop about your latest milestones.
d. Industry and market news
No matter where you do business, the real estate market at large is constantly evolving.
Whether it’s advice, helpful content, or industry reports, keeping your clients in the loop shows that you’re an active participant in your industry.
e. Home tips and renovation ideas
Keeping followers engaged after the sale is a distinct challenge in real estate social media marketing.
Renovation ideas and inspiration are both fair game for your prospective buyers and past clients alike. Any sort of educational content on home maintenance serves multiple audiences and once again, highlights your know-how.
f. Do virtual open houses
While there is no substitute for offline events, you can host virtual open houses where you are at the listing and your clients can join virtually!
You can create live events on Facebook and Instagram so that people can RSVP and receive notifications when you go live. This allows you to have a one-to-one interaction with the audience and add a personal touch. Posting virtual houses as events on social media gains more traction and can potentially generate leads too.
5. Actively engage with your audience
Your social media marketing plan for real estate does not need to stop at posting on a platform. Take it a step further by interacting with the community on social media. This adds an extra personal touch as well as boosts your engagement on social media, which increases the visibility of your posts.
In order to do this you need to:
- Respond to comments on your channels.
- Host ‘Ask Me Anything’ (AMAs) in order to build trust with potential customers.
- Explore forums and respond to people’s queries that are relevant to your industry.
- Reach out to potential clients through personal messages. Remember to help them solve their pain points in order to build trust and relationships.
- Use the questions that are asked in the comments as an opportunity to start a conversation with followers who might be in the early stages of the buying process.
- Make posts that are aimed at starting a discussion.
6. Advertise to boost visibility
Want to give your social media marketing an extra boost? Advertising is a great way to boost your presence.
The fastest way to grow and increase reach is through real estate social media advertising by using Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram ads that can generate new clicks to the website as well as to your social media. While this can be costly, if done well, it can significantly increase your reach.
These ads work better as they factor in location, interest, and likelihood of conversion, thereby preventing uninterested clicks or people on your site. This helps in bringing in only interested people to your business!
You need to run an ad that offers value and actually makes someone want to learn more so that you can capture their contact info and add them to your database to nurture them. Some engaging calls to action include “Fast selling homes under $X”, “FREE home selling consultation”, etc.
Make sure the ad is set up in such a way that clients have to answer some questions and fill out their contact information. Ensure that you gather all the buyer/ seller information you need in order to get all the details you need to convert them as well.
Looking for more ways to market your business?
Look no further! We’ve carefully curated a list of the most effective real estate marketing ideas for you!
Growing your reach on social media might seem hard at first but with the right amount of time and effort, it does become worth it with the number of leads it can generate.
Remember, at the end of the day your followers may end up becoming your biggest strength. If you spend time increasing your social presence, you’ll find yourself closing more deals.
We hope that these real estate social media marketing ideas helped to guide you in coming up with your own marketing strategy. Let us know in the comments how your implementation went. Happy marketing!
We at Appointy, help business owners grow and run their businesses with our online scheduling software. This blog was a part of our ‘Manage your Business’ category, where we provide expert tips, and resources, or simply talk about the challenges that small and medium businesses face every day.
If you have any thoughts on this blog or would like to chat about your business struggles and achievements, let us know in the comments below.
We love a good talk!