How to Enable Two Way Google Calendar Sync with Appointy
It goes without saying that Google Calendar is widely-used for appointments. But in this era of technological advancements and seamless automation, this method of appointment booking has been improvised with the introduction of scheduling software.
However, managing both Google Calendar as well as the appointments made through your scheduling software can be cumbersome, to say the least. Moreover, it can hurt your business by:
- Leading to double booking of appointment slots;
- Messing up personal and professional appointments;
- Adding to unnecessary confusion!
We understand you might feel the need to have your appointments on Google Calendar while also ensuring your work schedule doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. And we have just the perfect solution for that!
Here’s how you can avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple calendars while still putting appointment scheduling on autopilot – a scheduling software with two-way Google Calendar sync!
Having a booking system integrated with Google Calendar sure sounds like an excellent combination. Let’s dive right in and see how that is possible!
Hold on, but what is a two-way sync?
A two-way sync between your Google Calendar and appointment scheduler basically means that whenever an appointment is scheduled through your scheduling app/ software, it will automatically get added to your Google calendar.
Similarly, when you create an event on your Google Calendar, it will sync with Appointy in real-time and block that time slot, thereby showing clients as unavailable.
This will reduce the chances of getting double booked, and you won’t end up with a messy schedule.
Why do you need it?
With all the admin work and tasks at hand, managing a calendar can be quite difficult. Now imagine if you had to manage two or more calendars, each for your personal and work commitments.
Sounds daunting, right?
And with multiple calendars to manage, the chances of appointment overlapping escalates. What’s worse is that your business appointment bookings can even clash with your personal engagements.
To avert these situations on the professional front, a simple two-way calendar synchronization can come to your rescue!
This brings us to the next question – How do we get started?
The answer to this question is pretty simple! All you need is a scheduling software that allows two-way sync with Google Calendar.
Google Calendar is, undoubtedly, one of the most favorite calendar apps today. Most of us use it and are familiar with it. But business owners like you need more sophisticated scheduling software to manage your schedules.
While there are several other scheduling software that offers this feature of syncing with Google Calendar, here are a few reasons why Appointy tops the list:
- When you integrate your Google Calendar with Appointy, it syncs with the native calendar app on your phone via Google Sync.
- Appointy allows you to link multiple Google Calendars with your Appointy calendar. Each user of Appointy who has their own login can sync their Google Calendar.
- Each staff can link their own Google Calendar with their appointment calendar.
- Appointy supports the linking of Google Apps Calendar as well.
Put simply, this is how your Google Calendar integration with Appointy will work:
- Any appointment booked on your Appointy calendar will automatically reflect on Google calendar.
- Similarly, when you create an event on your Google Calendar, it will automatically sync with Appointy in real-time and block that time slot, thereby showing clients as unavailable.
Now, let’s jump to how you can integrate your Google Calendar with Appointy, and get started in no time!
Pro-tip: If you use iCal or Outlook Calendar instead of Google Calendar, fret not! Appointy can help you follow a similar process for those calendars as well.
How to integrate Google Calendar with Appointy?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can seamlessly integrate your Google calendar with Appointy, as an admin.
Integrate Google Calendar with Appointy as an admin
We offer two-way sync with Google calendars on our paid plans.
To set this up,
- Log in to your Appointy account.
- Click on the ‘Marketplace’ icon that appears on a toolbar on the left.
- Click on ‘Calendars’ under the ‘Apps and Integrations’ option.
- It will take you to all the calendar integrations that Appointy is equipped with. Click on the ‘Google Calendar’ icon to integrate it with your Appointy account.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button that appears in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select or sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the Calendar that you want to sync with Appointy.
- Click on ‘Update’, and make sure the sync option is set to “BOTH WAYS”.
Note: In the case of a staff member, those who have their separate Appointy login IDs have a provision to integrate their Google Calendar, and the steps to enable this are the same as that for the admin.
That’s a wrap on how two-way Google Calendar sync works with your online scheduling system! We hope our step-by-step guide helped you achieve a well-organized schedule.
But wait, there’s more!
Appointy’s online booking system doesn’t stop at helping you manage multiple calendars and appointments. There are a host of features that can streamline your end-to-end operations and reduce the daily admin:
- Display a booking calendar directly on your website with real-time availability of your services and staff.
- Add a booking link to your Google listing, website, and social media pages like Instagram and Facebook.
- Automatically add a Zoom meeting link to all your virtual meetings, and include this along with other appointment details like date and time in your email and SMS notifications.
- Send automated email and SMS notifications (confirmation, update notifications, reminders, etc.) to your clients to reduce your no-show rates.
- Accept prepayments using Square, Stripe, or PayPal at the time of booking, and secure all your bookings.
These are just a few of many! And these features combined with the two-way sync make running a business a whole lot easier. To know more, visit Appointy. Or, how about you try it out free for 14 days and find out for yourself?
We at Appointy, help business owners grow and run their businesses with our online scheduling software. This blog was a part of our ‘Manage your Business’ category, where we provide expert tips, and resources, or simply talk about the challenges that small and medium businesses face every day.
If you have any thoughts on this blog or would like to chat about your business struggles and achievements, let us know in the comments below.
We love a good talk!